Monday, July 11, 2011

Ice, Ice, Baby

Little One has developed a fondness for ice skating. This isn't the easiest pasttime to foster in the Deep South. We do have a very nice ice complex in town (3 rinks under one roof), but it is a fair drive across town to get there.

As of this morning, Little One has been signed up for lessons. They are actually quite reasonable, $12 an hour for group lessons. She is now going to take 10 weeks of lessons beginning in August and also practice for a Christmas ice show.

I guess we will be spending a lot of time at the rink. I see lots of hot chocolate and bruises in our future.

1 comment:

  1. And don't forget cute little sequined dresses!
    I used to have huge pom poms on my ice skates with little bells on them. I grew up in Ct. so ice skating was done on the pond next door every day for months. It was wonderful!

    ReplyDelete