Monday, May 28, 2012

Watching Cars go By

I am sitting at a desk on the 29th floor of a commercial building in downtown Denver at near noon on Memorial  Day, a bank and business holiday. From my window, I can see the interstate (which I don't know) and other fairly major thoroughfares. Traffic is brisk. Not rush hour level, but it seems to be fairly heavy.

It may be cliche to wonder where all of these folks are headed - to BBQs, memorial services, shopping, or perhaps to see the Rockies play some baseball (I think there is a doubleheader today) - but wonder I do.

I am trying to get caught up on work that is behind schedule and also get ahead on some other work. I chose not to rent a car this business trip, since I was able to find a hotel a block away from my work site. Denver has a good public transportation system and there are many things to see and do within walking distance of the hotel.

I must get back to work now, as the cars whiz by, and, oh, now we have a small plane pulling a banner past downtown, I suppose largely to attract the attention of those at the ball park.

No comments:

Post a Comment