Wednesday, May 30, 2012

HGTV

Home and Garden TV. Not a channel I watch too often, especially since I became an apartment dweller. While on this roadtrip, though, I have had occasion to watch a few shows over the past few days. One that caught my eye showed couples who were looking to purchase or rent homes in some exotic locales - Maui, Nicaragua, the Bahamas and Key West. The budgets some of these folks seemed rather large, especially for some of the younger couples. One couple who looked to be in their late 20s had a monthly housing budget of  $3,600.

I must say I was impressed. I know that there are many people in the world that have more money than I do, but I suppose I am also always interested in learning how people make their money and became/are becoming/continue to be successful. It was one thing I really enjoyed about my time as a commercial loan officer, learning about different businesses and their models for success.

So I will live vicariously through these folks as they decide between these lovely seaside homes, with spacious floor plans and refreshing ocean breezes.

2 comments:

  1. Jud, thanks for your kind comment on my blog post. Blogging is feeling sort of lonely these days. I think Facebook has killed it off. I'm glad you think someone would appreciate my little book. I certainly hope so.
    I see you are posting here again and think it's great. I hope you keep it up. I'll come by again but today's a work day. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS--I checked out Ben's Bells--what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete