Thursday, April 7, 2011

Cookies, Little One and Mother o' Jud

I am very fortunate to say that I have a kind, helpful, caring and loving mother. She is getting older, and is bit forgetful at times, but nothing dangerous (yet). I had to work late last night on a project and she volunteered to drive the 1.5 hours or so down to my home. pick up my daughter from school, take her to the dentist, bring her home, make dinner, do homework, etc. When I came home late I also discovered that she had straightened up the place and made a huge batch of some of my favorite cookies. (Known as 'Ranger Cookies' because she learned the recipe from other National Park Service wives in the late 60's, they are a varietal of oatmeal cookie with pecans and coconut.)

Little One is all about MOJ. But then I was, too, as a little feller and so was Teenager when he was little, as was my nephew (The Scientist). Jud falls by the wayside in the presence of MOJ, known in the vernacular as 'Nana'.

Pupps 2.0 seems to have taken a shine to her, too. I think it has something to do with crumbs and leftovers that occasionally hit the floor when MOJ is around.

Thanks Mom o' Jud. I love you.

1 comment: