Monday, March 21, 2011

I Don't Like Mondays....

Perhaps you recall this song from 1979 by the Boomtown Rats. Anyway, I like Mondays, generally. Now this may seem to be going against the grain of the American working class of which I am a member, but it is true. I like the routine of the work day as much as I enjoy the freedom of the weekend.

I like my job. It is not without its frustrations and bureacracies, but generally I think that work I do is important to the company. I am working on some large projects with team members from across the organization and even from across the globe. I think I am well compensated. I have flexibility with my schedule to attend functions with my Little One at school, work from home as needed, and occasional business travel.

I also enjoy the comraderie of the workplace; the buzz around the coffee maker, the communal nature of an open office and collaborative work.

So I am enjoying my Monday, firing off emails, reviewing project timelines, updating executive management, coaching employees, and debating with colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment