Thursday, May 26, 2011

Looking Ahead to the Holiday Weekend

One of the nice things about not being married (or at least being separated) is that your social calendar is yours to manage. That can also be a negative. The NQEW is a social animal and she would have made plans for the family for the holiday. Going camping, heading to the lake, getting out of town, going to (insert acquaintance's name here)'s home to grill out, etc.

At times I appreciated the structure and not having to worry about the planning, organizing, etc. I just had to get dressed, round up the kids and gear, and then go. As a single parent, I am busy enough with work and chores and the Little One that I rarely thing very far ahead with social plans.

As I look forward to the Memorial Day weekend, I really don't have any plans. I have some plans. Saturday morning Finicky has offered to help me change the brakes on my car. But apart from that, I have made no plans. I suppose Little One and I will chill by the pool and maybe make some BBQ. I think we will also make a library trip and I will get some more work done.

I hope you have more exciting holiday plans.

3 comments:

  1. I could only HOPE for the same! Not interested in having company. At least not THAT company.

    On my way home, I put $13 worth of gas in the Jeep and bought 4 packs of ciggies to get me through the weekend. That Jeep isn't moving until Monday morning when I have to go run a much needed errand.

    Happy Memorial Day, Jud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you always have plans and structure at work, it's so nice to have no plans and no structure on your days off. At least, that's my idea of relaxation. I have plans to play golf and to attend my niece's voice recital. Other than that, I'm blissfully playing it by ear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Aquarius has a great point. And I like to make plans, don't get me wrong, but I also like to wing it!

    ReplyDelete